Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cookies with a CRUNCH!

The other day I was feeling daring and bought some Muesli from the grocery store. I didn't really know what it was other than an oat-like cereal that is supposed to be good for you. After further research, I found out that the cereal was a combination of raw oats, nuts and dried fruit. It originates from switzerland, where it was created by a physician (no wonder I was drawn to it...) who gave it to his patients. It can be bought in the packaged form or made fresh, and can be eaten hot or cold. It is normally mixed with milk, fruit juice, water or yogurt and is traditionally left to soak overnight.

Basically - its super versatile. so versatile that the bag had a chocolate chip cookie recipie on the back. YES!!!! so one thursday night when I was craving some sweets, I whipped some up.

Mixin' up all the ingredients
The recipe calls for applesauce, but I didn't have any so I used vegetable oil. The dough was very oily so I added more flour and some white granulated sugar.  

coooooKIE dough! 


And if you think that looks good - just wait until they come out.
deliciously formed and shaped!
I'm pretty sure I ate 5 of them right then and there. the ones with extra flour and sugar were ore cakey and sugary and I liked them muuuch better. :)

Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies (taken from the back of Bob Mill's Old Country Style Museli)
  • 1 c. museli 
  • 3/4 c. flour (the package calls for whole wheat, but regular is fine too)
  • 2/3 c Applesauce (oil works too!)
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar 
  • 6 oz chocolate chips
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 1 Egg
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Blend applesauce, sugar and vanilla together. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix. Stir in Museli and chocolate chips. Drop tablespoons on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment